Below are some of the best articles I read and watched last week. As always, if you have anything to share or want anyone added, send me a note.
To see our past documents click below:
Click here for access to all the prior documents in our newsletters:
1. Deliberate Practice PDF by James Clear.
I’m on this newsletter, love to golf, and enjoy to hear about learning styles. Another good read about the best way to teach and learn.
2. Greg Oden, Ohio State student coach
Good article about how Greg Oden is going forward with being a student coach.
3. Mike Lombardi Podcast coaching notes from Coach Zak Boisvert.
17 pages of notes from his podcasts about the Patriots, Belichick, and coaching.
4. Bob Hurley Sr, St Anthony’s clinic notes. Zak Boisvert
4 pages of notes from Coach Boisvert from a 2013 clinic. I’ve seen Coach Hurley present, watched his videos and read his book. He always has good ideas.
5. The Tree, The players tribune - Article about Jeff Capel, interim coach at Duke and his relationship with his father. I loved the story about his dinner at Damons with his dad.
6. Behind the scenes at UCLA basketball - Sports Illustrated.
Lee Jenkins spent a week with the UCLA team. Good stuff about great players can basically win anywhere, even playing with lesser players. Also those same players never wanting to sub out.
Assistant coach at Colonel Crawford